Hypnotherapy for Phobias
Hypnotherapy can be one of the most effective ways of overcoming phobias. Phobias can often be traced back to an initial experience in which you were conditioned to respond in a certain way. The experience may be long forgotten on a conscious level, but on a subconscious level may have conditioned you to respond biologically to experience fear, anxiety or even absolute panic when the stimulus is present.
If you have a phobia, then you know how difficult it is to rationalise yourself out of reacting in the way you do. This is because your unconscious mind has been programmed to react in a particular way. Only when the connection between the stimulus and reaction in your unconscious mind is broken can your phobia be removed.
Hypnotherapy and NLP can be extremely effective at treating phobias, because they deal directly with the unconscious mind. Hypnotherapy and associated interventions release the emotions that create the phobia. Most phobias can be treated in just a few sessions, and in some cases a single session may be all that is required.
Why do I panic in the car when driving?
Why am I like this?
Why do I panic/get nervous when I am going to speak to a group?
I know that flying is safer than driving, but why am I scared?
Sound familiar? You don’t need to feel nervous or panic any more!
Help is here!
Things you should know about phobias:
1. Phobias can always be cured by hypnosis. With the help of Neuro Linguistic Programing and Hypnosis, the link between the cause of your phobia and the reaction you are having can be broken, creating the opportunity for calmer behaviour to result.
2. Talking about a phobia doesn’t really help. Have you ever found yourself talking about a phobia or fear that you have and found that it actually gets worse? Many people even try talking to themselves by saying, for example, “Don’t worry, don’t get nervous” etc, but what happens? They get worse!
3. Phobias are all the same. I know there are many different kinds of phobias, but essentially they all develop because of something in the past and the treatments involved in fixing them are essentially the same. It is not the phobia that is different, it is the situation in which it occurs that is different. So, phobias can be cured with Hypnosis.
4. Phobias are all different. I know I just said that they are all the same, and this is largely true, but what is different is the situation, as mentioned. This also means that the people that have the phobias are all unique people and there are subtle differences because of their personality or even in the actual phobia itself.
5. Phobias themselves don’t really tell the truth. I’ll give an example here. If someone says I have a spider phobia, it might really be a fear of being bitten and poisoned, or a fear of flying might be actually a fear of crashing and burning alive. So, the label for the phobia doesn’t often identify what the real fear is.
6. Drugs don’t cure phobias. There is medication that can be prescribed, but like all anxiety medication, the symptoms return once the medications is stopped. Hypnosis offers a drug free treatment and cure. Phobias can be cured with Hypnosis.
7. Your life doesn’t need to be limited by phobias. When people see me about phobias, it is often because the phobia itself is affecting another area of their life. A person with a fear of spiders cannot enjoy gardening. The person with a fear of flying cannot travel. The public speaking phobic fears they will be viewed a failure for avoiding meetings and will not progress in their career. Hypnosis can change all of that, because phobias can be cured with Hypnosis.
To find out more about overcoming your fears call 9518 9912, or send me a message by filling in the form to the right of this page.
A Clients’ Comments:
I just wanted to thank you for the huge difference you’ve made in my life. I am so glad that I went to see you! …I took the garbage out all by myself the other day, and even though I still don’t love spiders, I don’t ever feel the panic that I used to, nor have I had any nightmares.
I wish you all the best, and thanks again!
I wanted to write to you to give you big thankyou. You may recall I came and saw you for my phobia of high blood pressure when I was pregnant with my first child around July last year. I was sceptical that hypnotherapy would work but after the few sessions we had I went to the doctors and was surprised as my blood pressure dropped to a normal level. Each time I had another anti natal check up I expected my blood pressure would eventually become an issue like it had always been in the past. On the way to the doctors I would have prior to my hypnotherapy completely tensed up and been a mess by the time I got the doctors office causing my blood pressure to sky rocket. This of course was not the case after my treatment with you. I had a fantastic pregnancy with no problems, my doctors were amazed at my turn around and tried not to question it suffice to say they were very pleased and so was I. I gave birth to a healthy girl on 07/03/07 at 1:53am after a long 32 hour labour but it was all worth it. My daughter Matilda Jessica Meidling is a blessing beyond what I ever could have imagined, she is just perfect. I am so happy I sort your services and they worked so well for me I just wanted to thank you officially for helping me with an issue which had plagued me for so long and was so easily fixed. As a confirmation of how well my treatment went I had my final post natal check up with my GP on Tuesday this week and she sprung me with a lets take your blood pressure, a smile beamed across her face as she told me that my blood pressure remains normal. So once again thankyou.
Call me on 9518 9912
Registered and Accredited
- Clinical Supervisor